Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid Total power usage over certain periods

Subscribe to Total power usage over certain periods 6 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Oct 16, 2012 4:36pm
6 posts

Hi there,

I've been collecting data for a while now: https://smartenergygroups.com/groups/stroomverbruik

What I can't figure out though, is how I can figure out how much kW I've used in total over a certain period of time. I'd like to figure that out so I can then say, ok, the dishwasher used X amout of kW this month at a price of Y so the cost of using it is Z.

Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks! :)

Samotage_300_medium
Oct 19, 2012 9:07pm
555 posts

Hey infernix,

You need to send up the Wh data alongside the W power values.  It's too problematic trying to integrate the W into Wh consistently up in the cloud (we tried this a long time ago, and it didn't really work very well)

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Nov 23, 2012 12:29am
6 posts

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the pointers :) I have updated the python code that pulls data from my Plugwise plugs. They store total Wh history data in hourly intervals. e.g. 50.02 Wh for 22:00-22:59. So after 23:00 I can retrieve the total Wh for 22:00-22:59.

I am wondering how to best submit this through the api though. Should I just submit the Wh for 22:00-22:59 at a timestamp of 22:55:00? Or maybe 22:59:00 even?

Samotage_300_medium
Nov 23, 2012 12:39am
555 posts

Hey infernix,

Just send it on at the time it's for!  SEG will then take this up to the hour.  

Let me know if anything funky occurs...

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Nov 27, 2012 2:09am
6 posts

Hi Sam,

I've set it up and so far it seems to be working well; need to gather a bit more before I can say my code works perfectly. I'm really liking the Wh stuff, purely measuring W isn't enough to go on :)

However I'm not getting the total cost per day widget. I put in 0.19 dollars per kWh (well Euros, but the number stays the same), and it's saying $176 for a full day where i'm using 22,829.8 Wh. Obviously that's incorrect; it should be 22*0.19=4.18 instead. Any ideas why? I'm at a loss; all I did is add all the Wh streams to it,so it should have the same total Wh as the breakdown widget.

Also, more accuracy in the value would be nice, e.g. 0.1942 dollars/euros per kWh.

Thanks!

Samotage_300_medium
Nov 27, 2012 5:04am
555 posts

Mmm,

How does that look now?  I've adjusted a feature to make the energy price smarter and increased precision.

Let me know,

Sam @samotage

Forums The Open Grid Total power usage over certain periods

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd