Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid bug in real-time widget?

Subscribe to bug in real-time widget? 2 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Sunrise-300x300_medium
Dec 9, 2012 3:02pm
17 posts

it appears that the real-time widget cannot display more than 3 hours of data.

the widget has these buttons to quickly set the horizontal range: 1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr, all.  however, it seems like only the 1hr and 3hr buttons work reliably.  the 6hr button sometimes works.  the 12hr button never works.  the 'all' button seems to be the same as the 3hr button.

i can go forward/back one day at a time using the date picker.  but since there is no way to choose a 12hr or 24hr horizontal range, it is not possible to scroll back in time continuously - i can only view 3 hour chunks of data every 24 hours.

scrolling through recent history would be much easier if there were 12hr, 24hr, and 1-week ranges.

am i missing something?

m

Samotage_300_medium
Dec 10, 2012 10:34am
555 posts

Hey Powermeister,

it isn't a bug, instead it's a limitation on the amount of data that can be generally processed into charts with JavaScript.

If there is too much data, then the JS bogs down and nothing happens, so the total data returned from SEG is limited.  This means the higher the data rate, the less this time period is.  It works well at the recommended rates of 45 seconds to a minute.

if you would like more data, then one of the aggregate gadgets displays a longer period of 30 minute aggregated data,

Sam, @samotage

Forums The Open Grid bug in real-time widget?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd