Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid Calculated streams don't display in Real Time widget

Subscribe to Calculated streams don't display in Real Time widget 6 posts, 2 voices , Tagged: calculated streams widgets

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 11, 2013 1:00am
5 posts

I've been trying to set up some calculated streams.  I've got them going, and examing the actual stream shows what I expect.  But when I try to display the stream in a Real Time widget the calculated streams don't appear at all, even in the chart legend.  Editing the widget shows those streams as being included.  What's the magic I need to make this work?

eric

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 11, 2013 8:08am
555 posts

Hey Eric,

There is no real time data for calculated streams!  They are calculated from aggregated data at a consistent time base (real time is not consistent) and because the points don't line up... 

However, some gadgets, such as the gauge work as they calculate the calculatd figure on the fly.

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 12, 2013 1:09am
5 posts

OK, I'm confused.  On the detail for the calculated streams it shows a graph.  This is exactly what I want plotted on the Real Time graph.  If I can plot streams A, B, and C on one graph, why can't I plot A + B + C?  That point is going to line up as well as the individual streams.

eric

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 13, 2013 2:56am
555 posts

Comment

Not for raw data, which could come in at any time! 

There is another gadget that shows this, it's called a bunch of days I think.  This shows the calculated data at the same resolution as the streams page.

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 15, 2013 9:57pm
5 posts

I'm still not understanding.  You can successfully plot the sum on the stream detail page, but you can't in the widget?  That just doesn't make sense to me.

It looks to me like this site isn't useful for real time data, at least with lots of streams.  You can't plot them together on one graph because there are too many points, and you can't plot the sum of them either.  Bummer.

eric

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 15, 2013 11:07pm
555 posts

Yes it does plot the calculated aggregated points, just not using the gadget that plots raw data.

to perform the calculation, the points need to be at the same time (otherwise the calculation is useless)

Use the gadget, A bunch of days, which shows the same level of detail as that on the calculated streams page, together with other streams you may like to add.

Indeed,  some of this is hard to understand (i should know... its given me many many headaches) as it isn't simple visualising a lot of time series data streams, each having a range of calculated analytical being performed for various gadgets.

id recommend starting simple, then building up your complexity as your understanding increases.

Sam, @smotage

Forums The Open Grid Calculated streams don't display in Real Time widget

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd