Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid GEM Not Connecting

Subscribe to GEM Not Connecting 5 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 16, 2013 3:36am
2 posts

I can see correct format for packets in GreenEyeSetup v2.4 - Does a GEM unit send packets at all when you are connected to it?

Do I have to disconnect from the GEM unit in order for packets to be sent?

I have entered the site token into GEM Setup. So I guess I need to make sure:

Is a "site token" the same thing as "Site Key" in GreenEyeSetup? I thought so but I got no data showing up.

Packet format looks correct. Is there a way to copy/paste the packet I see in GreenEyeSetup into the test page

in API Trace ?

Is there a way to post screen shots so others van confirm my settings?

Lights_2_medium
Mar 7, 2013 2:10am
156 posts

If you're connected to the GEM via the GreenEyeSetup on one comm port than the packets will not be sent to the SEG site. You need to either configure another comm port (comm 2) to allow you to do both at the same time. Brultech would be the best place to ask for a step by step process to complete this task.

The site token is the site key . . .

Your packet format should be set to SEG in the systems tab in the GreenEyeSetup. There is a step by step users guide from Brultech please do request a copy and compare.

Teken . . .

Lights_2_medium
Mar 12, 2013 8:49pm
156 posts

Are you referencing the SEG set up manual provided by Brultech? If not please do download both GEM and SEG setup guides. 

Teken . . .

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 14, 2013 3:16pm
2 posts

I've got all the manuals and everyting looks good. I bet it's the comm port configure thing - I haven't done anything in that area.

Over to Brultech to find out how to make the additional comm port to work.

Even when I disconnect from the GEM unit - no data is being sent to SEG.

I have a firewall accounting rule in place that counts traffic coming/going to SEG domain. When I visit SEG with my computer the traffic registers in the firewall.

Then I clear the rule counters and disconnect from the GEM....and even reboot the GEM. No traffic to SEG ever registers.

The GEM is not even trying to talk to SEG.

Lights_2_medium
Mar 15, 2013 5:42pm
156 posts

Exten,

Just so you're clear on the matter. When you're connected to the GEM via Ethernet connection. You will not be able to send any data to the SEG site. I know there have been threads where others have been able to configure both com ports to A) to send data to SEG, B) to connect to the GEM, and not disconnect the unit from the other.

I have not done this or even looked into how this is done.

Having said this: If you're connected to the GEM at anytime. You can not send data to the SEG, it is one or the other. Now, one of the key things you need to ensure is that the EtherX tool is configured correctly. I have created a massive install thread here so please take some time to read over my ups, downs, and frustrations, along with triumphs!

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t...

If you have more questions I can help on please do let me know.

Teken . . .

Forums The Open Grid GEM Not Connecting

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd