Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid What will happen - ??

Subscribe to What will happen - ?? 5 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Lights_2_medium
Feb 26, 2013 1:56am
156 posts

Hello Sam,

I wanted to ask you to confirm for me how the SEG site handles electrical power being injected back into the grid. I currently have a grid tied solar testing station in place. This system is back feeding into my homes isolated electrical circuit. If you look at my dashboard there is one gadget that monitors this lone solar array. I have noticed in the other gadget named *Main Left* when I am producing enough power to nagate what I am using the power reading goes to zero.

When I am producing more than what that channel is consuming. The difference appears in the same *Main Left* gadget. My question to you, is the SEG site smart enough to NOT add this *Produced Power* into my daily consumption?

Below that gadget called Main Left, there is another gadget that indicates the daily cost for that channel. Will the SEG know NOT to add in the produced solar power for its daily total?

Teken . . .

Lights_2_medium
Mar 7, 2013 2:04am
156 posts

UPDATE: I have changed the stream for the solar array to be set to *green* and also selected *nagatives* in the edit stream. I have also set the GEM to send net power along with changing the polarity of the GEM stream.

The SEG site now displays the solar generation as a positive value. It than subtracts the on the fly incoming power from the main left gadget. It also deducts the daily total, and costs as well! Tongue out

So with a little tinkering I believe my GEM / SEG combo is set correctly to capture my back fed solar power! I hope this helps someone else down the line.

Teken . . .

Samotage_300_medium
Mar 7, 2013 2:10am
555 posts

Win!

Lights_2_medium
Mar 7, 2013 2:14am
156 posts

Sam,

What direct impact will there be by setting the stream to negatives? If I deselect this option will it only change what the value appears to me on the gadget? Or will it actually stop the stream from deducting the incoming power, and subtracting that value from the accumulated daily totals?

I really wish there was a FAQ page explaining all the little features in the SEG site.

Teken . . .

Samotage_300_medium
Mar 7, 2013 2:35am
555 posts

Hey Teken,

if the stream is allow negatives, negatives will be there when appropriate.  If not, neg values will be set to zero, for both raw and calculated datas.

Help... that would be nice!  One day a lot of things need to be written...  At least there are the forums.

Sam.

Forums The Open Grid What will happen - ??

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd