Tony1_medium
May 24, 2013 12:51pm
169 posts

Thanks Sam great job.

Samotage_300_medium
May 28, 2013 12:18am
555 posts

Oh noes...

Last night brought about an unplanned outage as SEG was pushed hard with some admin jobs, and the API went down.  Apologies to all.

Sam,

chasing fail conditions.

Icon_missing_medium
May 30, 2013 1:17pm
21 posts

I seem to be missing some KWH from my data. I think the data is there from what I can tell, but I know I am using more power than what the KWH gadgets are reporting.  Any ideas?

Lights_2_medium
Jul 1, 2013 12:31am
156 posts

Hello Sam,

It appears the SEG is having a bad day. I received an alert indicating the site was down. I confirmed that the Dash Box and GEM are both on line and sending data to the SEG.

Possible fail on the server side?

Teken . . .

Tony1_medium
Jul 1, 2013 12:47am
169 posts

Sam all seemed to be working up to 19:59 today. After that time the data is not being updated. All seems to be stuck at 19:59, i've confirmed that I'm transmitting the data from my GEM.

Tony

Tony1_medium
Jul 1, 2013 12:53am
169 posts

Down Sun, 30 June 2013 19:59:19 looks like it came back at 20:42:37

Samotage_300_medium
Jul 1, 2013 1:00am
555 posts

...a glitch in the matrix.  All data that failed to process is being re-processed now.  Should be done soon.

Lights_2_medium
Jul 12, 2013 6:44pm
156 posts

Hello Sam,

Are the robots still calculating or is the service still under maintienance? As I do not see any values for the daily accumulated KWH's increasing in amounts.

Teken . . .

Tony1_medium
Jul 16, 2013 12:03pm
169 posts

Sam, I noticed on top of the dashboard page that your IP address has changed. 

Just want to let you know that I use DNS on my GEM unit and also at about 04:59 est. on 7/16, smartenergygroups stopped showing transmitted data from my unit after that time.

I went into the GEM unit to verify that I indeed was using DNS, which I was.

The way that you get into the GEM unit is that you start with a utility that search's for your GEM unit(s), when I performed the scan it did show that I was using DNS for the api, one strange thing though is that the ip address that showed up was the old address, this is in a grayed out box.

I redid the search and got the same results. What I did to resolve this issue was I followed the procedure that is used to get into the GEM unit to configure it. In order to do this you need to click the DNS option off and enter an IP address of the PC that is being used to configure the GEM and send this new config to the GEM.

After sending the config down I then reset up the GEM utility to download the api for  smartenergygroups and turned DNS back on, I reloaded this info to the GEM using the GEM utility, redid the search which returned the new IP address in the grayed out box.  

After  doing this I could see that my data was getting to you. Not sure if the GEM unit has something flakey in it OS or firmware that is causing this or it was just something flukey but I figured I let you know what I observed. I don't think this issue was related to a lazy DNS, It happens that last night sometime between 21:00 and 22:00 est.

I rebooted my GEM unit which should have caused the GEM to go out and get the IP address via the DNS for your site.

Samotage_300_medium
Jul 18, 2013 2:35am
555 posts

Thanks for the fix advice Tony!

Sam.

Lights_2_medium
Jul 21, 2013 6:28pm
156 posts

Hello Sam,

The SEG appears to be sad today. None of the gadget dials seem to want to show the power readings for more than a few seconds. If this is server side maintenance than no worries!

If its a unknown issue, work your magic!

Teken . . . 

Samotage_300_medium
Jul 22, 2013 10:41am
555 posts

Hey Teken,

There could have been some interent problem, I was getting long traceroutes yesterday.  SEG has been all green and no issues under the monitor list have been logged.

So far, since cut over things have been rock solid, except for some small issues.  The API time is down to an average of 50ms down from 110ms which is a big improvement!

Sam, @samotage

Forums The Open Grid Service Outage

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd