Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums The Open Grid Posting kWH to the API

Subscribe to Posting kWH to the API 3 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 5, 2015 4:56pm
3 posts

Can someone please tell me the proper settings for posting kWH to the API? My device reports total kWH from whenever I last reset it, so I'm *assuming* that SEG will calculate based on the data points that it receives (i.e. if I my device sends 5kWh at 1am and then 25kWh at midnight, then SEG knows I've used 20kWh).  

So should I select type of data for my stream to be Energy, Wh and then add a calibration of 1000.0 since SEG is expecting Wh data instead of kWh? I've tried this and my cost widgets are off the charts!

Is there some other setting I should change in my stream so that the kWh calculations are done correctly? 

Thanks,

Brian

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 5, 2015 10:21pm
555 posts

Hey Brian,

Send you data in as Wh consumed for the time period in question.  Then set the prefix of your stream to kWh, which will make all good in the world :D

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 6, 2015 1:45pm
3 posts

Gotcha.  Ok, can you explain why when I send in power as kWh the computations are correct for cost in the dashboards, but if you look at the realtime graph for kWh, it's not right?

https://smartenergygroups.com/widgets/c4c0818037f5c2be2fbadf21f9c0a79b288ce05c

So my issue would be if I go back and multiply my data by 1000 so I'm uploading Wh to SEG, the kWh graphs are correct, but cost calcuations are through the roof. Notice my energy usage just keeps growing  I'd expect it to show me use vs the amount since I reset my device  

Thanks!
Brian

Forums The Open Grid Posting kWH to the API

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd