Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums SEGmeter SEGControl for 20A ?

Subscribe to SEGControl for 20A ? 4 posts, 2 voices , Tagged: Control SEGBOXV2

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Jul 13, 2012 7:05am
16 posts

How is the readiness of the firmware, hardware and pricing for the SEG Control units (complete) to attach into a SEGBox V2 ?

Want to make sure we can comfortably switch 20A, with a start up surge higher than that.

Project background

It's a Pool Heatpump I want to control, where the brouchure claims a startup load of 40A even though the run load is only 2.6kw.  The rep has verbally indicated it should only be half of that, but I'd like to make sure I'm covered for that startup hit.

My aim is to then build up some software logic, probably external to the SEGBox that every 15 mins that considers and makes a switching decision based on the following SEG Data plus time of day (energy cost):

• Solar Generation
  • Outside Temperature
  • Pool Temperature 

Probably look for a manual overide using the control button on the SEG dashboard.

Glenn

Samotage_300_medium
Jul 13, 2012 9:16am
555 posts

Hey Glenn,

Follow me up in a couple of weeks when I'm back at base to get you all sorted!

What you are thinking of is kinda cool.  Though will need to craft a new API for external commands, with some appropriate thinking...

Chat soon!

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 18, 2013 8:18am
16 posts

Hi Sam,
Over summer I have been thinking more on what types of features would be handy in a generic switch control and what type of commands might be useful.  Couple of ideas to float with you.
Switch on message - basic turn on or off via a message.  No automatic aspect to cover any disconnect or missed message.
Timer On - Turn on and stay on for a prefined period defined in the on message, similar to ip after hours air conditioning or lights.  That way if the Internet connection is lost, it will still turn off after the defined period.
Timer Off - as above, but the inverse. Perhaps for an exit delay.
Schedule - load a schedule with on and off times, or off then on times. Schedule is "assured" even with a loss of Internet connection.  Extension might be a alert interval.
Depending on how SegControl is looking we might be interested in an installation next time you are in in Sydney North.

Samotage_300_medium
Mar 18, 2013 8:25am
555 posts

Hey Glenn,

Does all this and more, but not the schedule ...yet.  The shedule is a good idea, and I've been thinking about this for a while now!

Thanks

Sam.

Forums SEGmeter SEGControl for 20A ?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd