Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums SEGmeter Has anyone sucessfully controled a trasfer switch between battery banks?

Subscribe to Has anyone sucessfully controled a trasfer switch between battery banks? 1 post, 1 voice , Tagged: transfer switch

Reply to topic

Teles2012img_5162_medium
Jan 9, 2015 12:04am
19 posts

Has anyone sucessfully controlled a transfer switch between battery banks?

I want to keep some fresh new batteries charged and offline from my grid-interactive battery backedup Outback system. Use the old batteries for minor hickups and brownouts (and to power the Outback controller), and when we get an extended grid outage, connect the freshies based on the old battery's voltage.

I think this will significantly decrease the cost of my system in the long run.

So, TTL output from my SegMeter to a high power transfer switch/relay.

I see the nice 20A/240VAC relay addin board - I am wondering about switching DC: Inverter can do 3kW with 48v battery bank, so 3000/50=60ADC.  Maybe gang all three relays together? I never use all 3kW,so

x2 boards << one board for each battery bank and 10-15ADC per relay... What are the specs on those relays, Sam?

My special segmeter already measures the DC currents and voltages in my system (thanks Sam...)

Thanks - Randy

Forums SEGmeter Has anyone sucessfully controled a trasfer switch between battery banks?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd