Jun 25, 2015 3:14am
For some time I have been struggling to find a code error with my homebrew SEG where my SEG goes offline for some reason, but the code appears to be still running and trying to post data via the API.
I added a watchdog timer on the Arduino and this catches some cases and restarts the program and life goes on.
However, I haven't been able to isolate the other times the program does not fail to execute, but no data is being logged to SmartEnergy Groups.
I found a wifi switch at Jaycar this week (Cat MS-6124) which I put on the power lead for the SEG. Now when I see that the SEG has gone offline, an app on my phone can be used to power cycle the SEG remotely and restore the logging of data.
While I would have liked to find and fix the code (or maybe a library or something), I gave in and plonked down the $65AU for this, and can keep counting the solar.