Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums SEGmeter What Data Type?

Subscribe to What Data Type? 8 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Dec 3, 2015 10:24am
9 posts

So in addition to logging power use, I also track a bunch of irrigation stuff. What is of interest is flow rates, and bore level - the former is good for picking up broken pipes, the latter is good for tracking the health of the aquifer.

Currently I use the Real Time graphs, but have recently discovered "A Bunch of Days" which is better, as it's useful to look across a week or a month to see trends. However, with this latter graph, I'm finding my rates and levels being summed, which means the data isn't that meaningful, however, the Tank % data is not summed, which is the behaviour I'm after.

So for flow rate (in litres per minute, typically from 20 to 300), what's the best data type to use? Similarly, what shoudl I use for aquifer level (typically -11m to -50m) so that it shows un-summed or averaged in the Bunch of Days graph?

Samotage_300_medium
Dec 3, 2015 11:38pm
555 posts

Hey Rusty Amps,

Post up your specific units, together with what you expect them to do in point form and I will let you know what to use, and or add some new unit types.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Dec 4, 2015 12:32am
9 posts

OK

1. Flow rate - litres per minute - purely interested in the specific rate - summing or averaging this date isn't meaningful
  2. Bore Level - metres - I've just changed the data type to "Tank Level" and this is showing up better, although the past data still appears summed.
  3. Soil Moisture Tension - kPa - a measure of how hard a plant has to suck to get water out of the soil. 20kPa means wet soil, 200kPa means dry. Currently using hPa and seems to work OK.

So I think I'm OK for 2 & 3 except for the summing of old data in 2.

Icon_missing_medium
Dec 4, 2015 12:33am
9 posts

Hmm. That reply had numbered points. but the formatting seems to have fallen off...

Samotage_300_medium
Dec 4, 2015 2:51am
555 posts

Alrighty then!

Three new stream types and their associated units.

Flow Rate, L/sec

Heightm, m

Pressure, Pa (add a kilo prefix to get kPa)

Hope this works!

Change the stream types over, and hit up a re-calculate on them and all should be win!

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Dec 4, 2015 10:36am
9 posts

Thanks for that. Any particular reason for litres per second rather than per mintue?

Icon_missing_medium
Dec 4, 2015 10:02pm
9 posts

Also, chaning my moisture data type from hPa to kPa seems to have broken the graphs - the real time is now a flat line, and the bunch of days won't work at all.

https://smartenergygroups.com/groups/wineyard/dashboards/1639_moisture_sensing?range=0_d

Samotage_300_medium
Dec 5, 2015 6:59am
555 posts

No reason, I changed the flow rate to L/min.  Makes sense.

You have values of 80 or so coming in?  Send the raw values as 80,000 and you should have win.  You could also set up a 1000 multiplier on the calibration and do a re-calibration of the stream.  That will fix it easy on the SEG side.

Sam, @samotage

Forums SEGmeter What Data Type?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd