Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Brultech adding a device remotely

Subscribe to adding a device remotely 9 posts, 3 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 18, 2015 4:19pm
5 posts

Is it at all possible to add a device from a remote location? I have installed a GEM for a client who lives about an hour away. They didn't have internet initially, but now they do so I am eager to start gathering data. Is there any way to discover the device without actually going to their place?

When I installed the GEM, I used my cell phone to access the internet and set up the SEG account. A few days ago they informed me that internet was up and running so I went out to finish things up and found out about a known issue with the firmware that caused discovery to fail. So, another trip out there yesterday to upgrade the firmware and give it another go ... still no discovery. I would love to be able to put this bed without having to make yet another trip if possible

Thanks in advance

Tony1_medium
Feb 19, 2015 12:13am
169 posts

One question, is the GEM installed at the clients location?

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 19, 2015 12:28am
555 posts

Hi Destarah,

Could you email me details of the account to be setup?  I can see if it is sending data and hit up a special discovery.

Let me know the details on the contact form.

Thanks,

Sam.

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 19, 2015 12:51am
5 posts

Yes, the GEM is installed at the clients location

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 19, 2015 12:59am
5 posts

Not sure how to email you, but the site name is Landfall and the token is <removed>

Samotage_300_medium
Feb 19, 2015 2:02am
555 posts

I have had a look, and there is nothing coming in for this site... If it was connected to the webs and sending data, then I could run a discovery for you.

Let me know what you know,

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 19, 2015 2:40am
5 posts

Thanks Sam,

I've decided to go back out to the site tomorrow and beat it into submission ... should be able to get Ben from Brultech on the phone while I am there to help from that end.

Tony1_medium
Feb 19, 2015 2:55am
169 posts

I was going to suggest using Windows remote assistance if the client had a pc at their location.

Icon_missing_medium
Feb 19, 2015 10:50am
5 posts

I hear that tnakelsk, unfortunately this is not their primary home ... excellent suggestion though, thanks

Forums Brultech adding a device remotely

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd