Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Getting Started How long before SEG shows a device off-line?

Subscribe to How long before SEG shows a device off-line? 7 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Tony1_medium
Apr 9, 2014 2:10pm
169 posts

I currently have a Brultech GEM unit that interfaces with a Brultech Dashbox and a Universal Devices ISY-994i Z series. The GEM unit has the capacity to handle 8 one wire temperature probes. All 32 CT channels along with a 8 temperatures are currently being sent to SEG via the Dashbox. I had a need to monitor some additional temperature points and get this to SEG. Who would have thought that the 8 one wire temperature capacities on the GEM wouldn't have been enough? I currently heat and cool my home with 2 Geothermal units which I wanted to monitor various temperatures points within these units, this included incoming and outgoing air temps before and after the coil, incoming and outgoing loop water temperatures, along with incoming and outgoing desuper heater temps and lastly the refrigerant discharge temperature from the compressor.  This adds up to 7 one wire temperature sensors per unit or 14 for the two units and didn't include the other things that I wanted to monitor, outside, basement, etc temeratures. To address the need for the additional one wire sensors I looked at some other temperature loggers but they did not totally handle what my true needs where. I ended up building my own using a raspberry PI and Arduino and sending the data to SEG. Now the reason for my question, "How long before SEG shows a device off-line?"

When I first got my own one wire device up and running it would occasionally get an error and stop transmitting data to SEG, I have corrected the issue and it has been rock solid but it got me to thinking. What is the time duration between my device(s) going off line and SEG actually showing it off line and sending the e-mail notification? Also is there a way to "set" default number/time intervals for monitoring the devices?

Samotage_300_medium
Apr 9, 2014 2:13pm
555 posts

Hey Tony,

Have a look at your site, there is a missing period which is the number you are looking for ;)

Sam, @samotage

Tony1_medium
Apr 9, 2014 2:23pm
169 posts

I know yesterday I had it down for a while see points in data below, This did not trigger the device off line on the web page nor a e-mail stating that it was off line. It was down for 1 hour and 13 minutes. I'm trying to deter that magical time, 2 hours, 3 hours?

Tue, 08 April 2014 17:27:00
delete point
edit stream point
Tue, 08 April 2014 18:40:19
delete point
edit stream point

Tony1_medium
Apr 9, 2014 2:31pm
169 posts

Looks like it's about 2 hours got the e-mail at 9:29 est. Do we (users) have an option to change the time lapse duration sooner before getting notified?

Mon, 07 April 2014 07:37:22
delete point
edit stream point

Tony1_medium
Apr 9, 2014 3:53pm
169 posts

It looks like you can change the duration by going into "things" selecting "sites" select "edit site" and change the number (seconds) in the "missing period" window in the API details section.

Samotage_300_medium
Apr 9, 2014 3:55pm
555 posts

That's right ;)

Adjust to taste!

Sam, @samotage

Tony1_medium
Apr 9, 2014 4:00pm
169 posts

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut if it pokes around enough.  

Forums Getting Started How long before SEG shows a device off-line?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd