Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Getting Started Do I need to remove and add device again?

Subscribe to Do I need to remove and add device again? 11 posts, 4 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 12, 2015 5:31pm
13 posts

With my inflated kWh readings behind me, is the best way to get rid on the garbage data to remove the device and start over?

Lights_2_medium
Mar 13, 2015 3:42pm
156 posts

I believe Sam can assist you if you can identify what data needs to be stripped. But I am also aware (havent done it myself) that you could remove data points one by one until its fine.

I believe a few people did this so lets hope they chime in as to the exact steps.

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 17, 2015 12:21am
13 posts

Anyone know how to manually remove data points?  I'm hoping to fix my own mess without having to trouble Sam with this.

Tony1_medium
Mar 17, 2015 3:10pm
169 posts

I have done it, but you will need to do it for every stream. Go into "my thing" and select "streams". Select one of your streams, then select the "data" tap, within the "Select data range" put in a "start date" and "end date", then select "sort order", the one I use to get spikes out is "Highest first" . Also change the "point limit" to a higher number (this just pulls back the total number of entries that get displayed. don't go super big numbers). Then you would select the "X" on the ones that you want to remove. Once you complete this per stream you will need to do a "re-calculate" on each stream. This can be done via the "streams" screen, select "edit" and on the bottom you will see the "re-calculate" button.   This can be very time consuming. 

Tony1_medium
Mar 17, 2015 3:16pm
169 posts

To answer your first post. You do not need to delete the device to clear all the data from a stream.  Go into "my thing" and select "streams". Select one of your streams, then select the "edit" tap, look at the bottom and select "clear all data". You will need to do this for every steam that you wish to clear the data for.

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 17, 2015 5:45pm
13 posts

Thanks!

Man you were'nt kidding about time consuming.  It seems that I have about 10,600 data points to delete per channel (21 channels), so manual deletion of a quarter of a million data points is not really an option since each point has to be clicked, then confirmed for delete... at 5 seconds each would take roughly 2800 hours (throwing in some time for pee breaks).

If I download all the data for a stream, edit the bad data, then upload the data, does is overwrite the existing, or will it have duplicate data for the stream at that point if there are 2 identical timestamps?

Tony1_medium
Mar 17, 2015 6:37pm
169 posts

Got a quick question, you wrote above "With my inflated kWh readings behind me", what caused the inflated KWH readings?  The reason I'm asking is depending on what caused it there might be some other options to resolve your problem. 

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 17, 2015 7:47pm
13 posts

When SEG stopped receiving data a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a problem with the GEM as it was relativly new and I'm fairly ignorant.  So I installed a local dashboard server on a windows box and pointed the GEM there, later finding out there was the ingestion issue at SEG.  I switched back to uploading to SEG, but when reconfiguring the GEM in the Setup screens, theres a dropdown ont the "Packet Send" tab where you select the packet format, and I was supposed to select "New SEG Format",but I selected "SEG Format".  I've been wondering if it just multiplies the output by a certain amount when you do that, and if I can fugure out the multiple and massage the data back into a useful state... I'd guess the multiple to be large.  I'm trying to find a circuit with a fairly known load to play with the numbers on and see if I can devise a multiplier (divisor in this case).

Tony1_medium
Mar 17, 2015 8:14pm
169 posts

Old SEG format was multiplied by .000277777 for the KWH/E streams. So if your total daily KWH showed up on your dashboard as 135010 KWH. It was actual 37.502 KWH

135010 x .000277777 = 35.502...

Looking at your other posting the lifetime is showing 790,004 kwh which works out to about 219.5 KWH. So I assuming that you haven't had the GEM up all that long? It just might be easier the delete the data from the energy streams only and let it start new.  

Go into "my thing" and select "streams". Select one of your streams, then select the "edit" tap, look at the bottom and select "clear all data". You will need to do this for every steam that you wish to clear the data for.

You would just need to do this for each "e" stream which would be a max of 32 time. 

Samotage_300_medium
Mar 18, 2015 1:25am
555 posts

One thing you could do, is find out what the highest sensible value is, for example Wh totals for a time period should be quite small.  Set this as a sensible ludricous value, then commence a re-calibrate.  This should kill those big numbers, and will also hit of a recalculation etc when done.

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Mar 18, 2015 3:00am
13 posts

Oh cool... when I was looking at the numbers I guestimated dividing by 3000... not too far off!  So if I download the bad data, tweak it and upload it does it  replace was was there?

Forums Getting Started Do I need to remove and add device again?

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd