Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Getting Started Displaying Kwh

Subscribe to Displaying Kwh 71 posts, 5 voices

Reply to topic

House2_medium
May 20, 2015 7:53pm
18 posts

Teken - Yes, mine is down also. Calculated streams are not working and yesterday's totals have disappeared.

Grimshad - I would hold off on your troubleshooting until SEG is fully functioning. Also, I find if I have a power failure at my house, I always need to restart my GEM. When the power returns, I wait until the cable modem and router are back up, I restart the GEM, then everything is OK.

Lights_2_medium
May 20, 2015 8:01pm
156 posts

Same here, glad its not me all alone seeing this!  This same issue came up a few times last year but Sam never explained why this particular aspect would fault out while other parts of the service continued to operate.

It makes trouble shooting very hard for others and those trying to help out. This is why I wanted to see how my site was acting before I gave any further advise.

OP sit tight until Sam gets this sorted out and if you still see a problem we can pick up from there.

Icon_missing_medium
May 20, 2015 8:04pm
46 posts

Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense unless the different measurement types are stored in separate databases. Then I could see 1 going down and not the other, but why would that be the case in the first place?

House2_medium
May 21, 2015 2:30am
18 posts

Today's totals are showing now, but yesterday is still zero. Sam, is a recalc running?

Samotage_300_medium
May 21, 2015 3:49am
555 posts

Just hitting up a recalc now.

Some data compression was done on the daily totals yesterday, which may have been the fault.

Sam, @samotage

Samotage_300_medium
May 21, 2015 9:32am
555 posts

Things should now look better after the re-calc.

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
May 21, 2015 1:50pm
46 posts

Hey sam, I know you're busy, but when you get a chance could you answer my qestions about widgets for SEG? Thanks.

Tony1_medium
May 21, 2015 1:58pm
169 posts

Grimshad is your e_ streams still coming in as you stated in a previous post "After monitoring it for a while, I noticed. Every 4th packet in the trace contains the e_data"?

Icon_missing_medium
May 21, 2015 2:03pm
46 posts

Yes, this is still happening. Every 4th packet contains e_ data. All other packets only have p_ and a_ data. Could this be intentional since wH are accumulative instead of real time?

Tony1_medium
May 21, 2015 4:27pm
169 posts

How often are you sending data to SEG, every minute?

Icon_missing_medium
May 21, 2015 4:29pm
46 posts

15 seconds

Lights_2_medium
May 21, 2015 5:09pm
156 posts

Your send interval should not be lower than 45 seconds ideally 60 seconds is perfect. Sam indicated sending to SEG at a lower rate would cause rounding issues etc.

Tony1_medium
May 21, 2015 5:20pm
169 posts

I also believe this would resolve the issue that you are seeing, the E_ data coming in every fourth packet.

This also can explain some of the issues when you ran into when running discovery and the E_ data wasn't being picked up.

Icon_missing_medium
May 21, 2015 5:24pm
46 posts

e_ data wasn't being picked up because "Send Current in Packet" wasn't check marked in the GEM setup. As far as increasing it, I am trying to have close to real time monitoring (at least for now) I'll probably increase it later. So unless you can tell me another way to get it, then this is what I need.

Edit: Also, the e_ data coming only every 60 seconds(every 4th packet) doesn't matter anyway as wh doesn't need to be real time since they are an accumulation of data, rather than a live display of it.

Question: If i were to set it to 60 seconds, will GEM accumulate that 60 seconds worth of data and then send it so that I still have 15 second points on my graph? Or will it only send the data relevant at the time leaving me with a 60 second pointed graph?

Icon_missing_medium
May 28, 2015 1:41pm
46 posts

Could someone tell me why my GEM stops sending packets every other day? Every other day at 0900 on the dot the GEM stops sending packets and must be restarted to continue operation. This is very annoying to have to manually restart it.

Lights_2_medium
May 28, 2015 2:15pm
156 posts

I asked you several questions above about what firmware you were on like COM/Engine. Along with what type of connection you're using to connect to the Internet.

I did not see a reply to either questions.

As stated also if you're having issues with the GEM you should really be asking the questions in the Brultech forum where they can see the issue and perhaps offer some advise and suggestions to resolve it.

Often times its a matter of changing the connection timing for the wireless / Ethernet. Other times its just a matter of updating the firmware to resolve previous bugs.

Please create an account on the Brultech forum and pose the question there. This will speed up the resolution process for everyone.

Icon_missing_medium
May 28, 2015 2:21pm
46 posts

I haven't had a chance to be at home and switch the GEM over to the setup server yet. I work 16 hours a day.

I do know that it is running the latest of both firmwares as that was the first thing i did when I installed it. I'm using wifi communication. I can't post on the brultech forum because I cannot access it from work. I'll see if I can find something on the connection timing.

thanks.

Icon_missing_medium
Jun 6, 2015 6:26pm
46 posts

Those Jumpers worked like a charm, thanks Teken.

Lights_2_medium
Jun 6, 2015 8:01pm
156 posts

Awesome great to hear!

Makes sure you fine tune any individual CT's from the install I guide I provided to get the most overall accuracy.

Icon_missing_medium
Jun 6, 2015 8:30pm
46 posts

After the jumpers I monitored a device at the source and changed the CT type value to match the reported wattage as close to the real wattage as I could. If that's what you're speaking of, then I have done it. If not please point Me in the direction again. Side question, what does the type and range values actually do in the GEM? 

Lights_2_medium
Jun 6, 2015 9:01pm
156 posts

One doubles or reduces the values the other increments or decrements the value by 1.

In general terms these values are used by the GEM to first identify a CT. These values have been determined by Brultech to be accurate. But, as stated the end user can fine tune them to get the last bit of accuracy in the high / low power ranges.

The link I provided shows me doing this with a known load: 60, 100 watt incandecent bulb and two mode hair dryer. The changes you make in the CT settings impact it on a global scale but only for that one CT.

Forums Getting Started Displaying Kwh

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd