Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Comments and Suggestions Dashboard Gadget Min/Max Range Settings

Subscribe to Dashboard Gadget Min/Max Range Settings 6 posts, 2 voices

Reply to topic

Icon_missing_medium
Jan 2, 2014 6:09pm
9 posts

It would be helpful to have user-defined minimum and maximum range values for certain dashboard gadgets, such as the Rate-of-Use dial meter.  While the hover-help indicates maximum is determined by an automatic calibration based on current data, mine have gotten stuck at relatively large values, so the pointer never moves more than a few degrees off of zero.  It has been this way for several days, despite no extraneous data that would drive the maximum to a large scale value.

Another advantage to fixed scaling is consistency among multiple meters on the same dashboard.

The concept I'm thinking about is a check box in the gadget configuration dialog that selects automatic calibration, like it is now.  If not checked, then data entry fields are enabled for fixed minimum and maximum range values.

Samotage_300_medium
Jan 3, 2014 7:35am
555 posts

Hey Paul,

Done.  and works pretty much as you suggest :D

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Jan 3, 2014 2:34pm
9 posts

Great.  Thanks for the quick turn-around.  Unfortunately I will not be able to check it out until later this evening because my daytime computer is restricted to IE8, and that version has trouble editing the gadgets.  It seems to display everthing OK, though.

Samotage_300_medium
Jan 4, 2014 11:21pm
555 posts

Oh noes... An IT department in a coma, this is nearly a basis for a rant. I can't figure out why they won't let people install Chrome, it's like they think everyone is retarded except themselves (whom are in a coma)...

The world has come a long way since XP and IE...

It's the JS heavy gadget screens that are fail in IE as it has a borked JS engine, the HTML fail is one thing, the JS is another entirely...

Sam, @samotage

Icon_missing_medium
Jan 5, 2014 6:20am
9 posts

You're on the mark with your assessment of my daytime browser situation - there is exactly one option, and any others will be removed.  But since some of my friends are IT folks, I won't get too critical.

Anyway, the more flexible rate-of-use gadget works great for me.  I'm looking forward to exploring more of the available gadgets and creating more dashboards.  So much data, so little time...

Samotage_300_medium
Jan 5, 2014 10:48pm
555 posts

The problem is not typcially with your IT friends, it's the CIO and the change fearing community.

FWIW, XP supports ends soon, and most of the big cats are saying no to IE8... soon there are going to be some pills prescribed that may be difficult to swallow.

I've a whole rant on IE over here...

http://samotage.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/just-say-no-to-internet-explorer/

Sam, @samotage

Forums Comments and Suggestions Dashboard Gadget Min/Max Range Settings

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd