Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Comments and Suggestions Realtime charts don't show gaps in data

Subscribe to Realtime charts don't show gaps in data 3 posts, 3 voices

Reply to topic

Gravatar_declan_shanaghy_com_medium
Apr 3, 2014 3:02pm
13 posts

Last night i took my GEM offline to do some maintenance. The realtime charts do not shot the gap when it was offline for 4 hours. The last data point before the outage is followed immediately by the first data point when it came back online.

Tony1_medium
Apr 3, 2014 7:28pm
169 posts

You are correct that the chart does not show the break, upon looking closely at your chart on your dashboard the x Axis (time/date) actual shows the break in time, between 19:30 to 23:32. I suspect that this chart only graphs data if it has it, which kind of makes sense because it is "real Time" No data means no x Axis nor Y Axis, once data started coming in again it just added it to what it had, key here is "real Time".

Unlike the bunch of days graphs further down in the dashboard which showed the break because I also suspect it uses past data/summed and was expecting 24 hours of data which it didn't find. Hence the gap.

Samotage_300_medium
Apr 8, 2014 12:48am
555 posts

This is true, and a connumdrum for raw data.  Why?

Because raw data is just that, SEG doesn't know when it's coming it's possible (but a little difficult) to work out what a gap would be and to then back fill the chart with zero's.  This has not been done because it hasn't been a prioroty!

Sam, @samotage.

Forums Comments and Suggestions Realtime charts don't show gaps in data

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd