Home

Welcome! Log in or Join us

Forums Comments and Suggestions Watts on

Subscribe to Watts on 8 posts, 3 voices

Reply to topic

Gravatar_declan_shanaghy_com_medium
Apr 3, 2014 3:19pm
13 posts

The Watts on widget appends "on" or "off" to the name of the stream. This is redundant since there is already a green and red icon to indicate if it's on or off.

Also my stream names are pretty long. It's hard to create short accurate names. The Watts on widget can't handle more than about 15 characters without wrapping the text and chopping off the lower portion of the second line.

Tony1_medium
Apr 3, 2014 4:03pm
169 posts

Screen real-estate comes into play, while some of the gadgets allow for a second line, line up on the dashboard sometimes gets effect by this.

As for your long names why don't you eliminate the "P" and "E" from your names, most widgets that are displaying "P"ower is always displayed as Watts, "E"nergy widgets show up a KWH . You will pick up one additional space.

Apr 4, 2014 1:49am
13 posts

I wanted to eliminate P & E suffixes but i had to put them in because SEG won't allow the same name for multiple streams even if they have different units.

Lineup will be affected based on how many streams are in the widget anyway. So # of lines per stream is no different from that.

Tony1_medium
Apr 4, 2014 11:46am
169 posts

I believe that if you spell out Power and Energy at the end of name field in the stream name box it is not displayed in the widget names. If you just enter a "P" it gets displayed.

If you look at my dashboard under "watts on" for the Dryer, it simply says Dryer yet in the stream name I have it entered as Dryer Power

https://smartenergygroups.com/groups/01000377

Apr 4, 2014 3:02pm
13 posts

Ahhh, insider knowledge!  :-D

I have current and voltage streams too. I suppose the same goes for them.

Tony1_medium
Apr 4, 2014 6:09pm
169 posts

I don't think it works the same for voltage and current. Try it and see if it does.

Tony

Samotage_300_medium
Apr 8, 2014 12:15am
555 posts

Hi All,

Voltage, Amps and Current scrubbing have now been added to that special feature!

Sam, @samotage

Apr 8, 2014 2:47pm
13 posts

Thx!

Forums Comments and Suggestions Watts on

copyright © 2008 Smart Energy Groups pty ltd